- 4 medium eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 60g chorizo sausage
- 1 white onion
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 3tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped flat leaf parsley to serve
Tip : Make this in a dish that you can fry in as well as put in the oven.
- Finely chop the onion and red pepper and sweat over medium heat for a few minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sliced chorizo sausage and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave to simmer for about 10/15 minutes until the red pepper is soft and the sauce is starting to thicken, then remove from the heat.
- Using a spoon, make 4 small wells in the mixture and break an egg into each.
- If using parmesan, sprinkle on the top.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15/20 minutes depending on how firm you like your eggs.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread or eat on its own.